|Currently On My Plate
||[Sep. 8th, 2009|12:05 pm]
What I'm focusing on this month:
The Fantasy Magazine slush readers have been busy processing the slew of stories received when we opened. Here's the recent acquisitions:
- The rewrite of Phat Fairy, because I'd like to send that out to an agent soon.
- Continuing to draft/plan Queen of the Fireflies.
- A short story intended for the Codex Writers' Halloween contest. Can't blog about it until the contest is over, heh, but wish me luck - last time I tied for second place, so I have high hopes for this time.
- Catching up on the 1400 e-mails accumulated in my inbox and getting Fantasy Magazine sorted out finally.
- Getting a backlog of stories out for consideration.
- Getting my mother settled in Redmond.
- Prepping to start teaching at the end of the month.
- Picking up more freelancing work where I can.
- Rock Band Beatles!!!!!!!
"Stereogram of the Gray Fort, in the Days of Her Glory" by Paul Berger
"Abandonware" by An Owomoyela
"Lost Dogs and Fireplace Archeology" by Chris Howard
"The Slavesinger" by Louise Marley
"The Seal of Sulaymaan" by Tracy Canfield